Amsterdam Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Amsterdam Urban Adventures provide the opportunity to enjoy the rich culture and attractions of this vibrant city on one-of-a-kind Amsterdam tours. Our tours are designed to give you a feeling of local hideaways inside the city center. We will give you information about the rich history of the Netherlands and the individual spirit of the Amsterdamer. Our food and Beer tours are both social and informative, while the bike tour aims to take you through a diversity of architecture and living conditions that will amaze you, considering it is all built on reclaimed land.
Amsterdam is surely one of the most interesting destinations in Europe. It is a city on water, below sea level, built almost entirely with dams that have shaped the iconic half-circle map of town. The big harbour that use to be the starting point of many vessels to the Indies or the Carribean has been converted into a dynamic and modern businness district. Meanwhile the seafront still bursts with activity, packed with cargo ships, ferry boats and private canal boats.
In Amsterdam you can find almost everything to do and some illegal things as well. This vibrant city has more to offer then the national museum and the Anna Frank House. Being a responsible traveler we encourage you to look further on the Internet for events happening during your visit. Try not to book the top five attractions in our city unless you have to. Amsterdam has so many events in the summer we can not list them all here,: but if you like food, fashion, three day music festivals and countless other activities then you will be sad you missed out while waiting in line for the Van Gogh.
Taking an Amsterdam tour exposes the true side of this cultural city and allows you to explore beyond the major tourist attractions.
from 6 reviews
From EUR 36.00
From snacking on salty fries, to savouring rich cheeses and sipping boozy spirits, this indgulent Amsterdam tour should come with a health warning!more...
The Original Amsterdam Beer Tour
from 4 reviews
From EUR 49.00
Bask in the glory of liquid sunshine on this Amsterdam tour that covers all the best bars, breweries and beer halls of this brew-loving city. From a place where nuns used to brew ales, to the mothership of Dutch beer brewing - the original Heineken building - see, and taste, the Netherlands strong brewing history.more...
Bikes and Dyks
from 4 reviews
From EUR 36.00
Inspired by Pete Jordan’s book “In the City of Bikes”, this is an Amsterdam bike tour like no other. Get the ultimate local perspective on the city’s incredible array of canals, dykes, and culture, complimented by a healthy dose of Amsterdam’s quirkiest tales. Hup hup!more...
Amsterdam Private Tour
Love the look of our Amsterdam tours, but feel like customising them to make exactly the tour you're looking for? Well, you're in the right place.
Put our team of local experts to work to build the perfect itinerary just for you. You can include some of the components of our regular tours, or none at all. This is your tour - so make it your own! If you're not sure, we've got plenty of ideas for what you might want to include. If you let our team of expert locals know your interests, they will come up with all kinds of things!more...
Home Cooked Amsterdam From EUR 48.00
The Dutch don't talk much about their food, unless it’s about pancakes! Pannekoeken are a traditional Dutch treat — sometimes sweet, sometimes savoury, but always delicious! Enjoy this two-hour pancake lunch with David de Slingeraar, your cook, in an historic landmark, the Karthuizerhof — a 14th century monastery turned into 20th century subsidised housing and open garden space. David is 45 years old and has lived in A’dam his whole life (as have four generations of de Slingeraars before him). He has some Jewish history — hence the name David “the slinger” — but spends most of his time now slinging food for people in the local neighbourhood he knows so well. The Dutch base their meals on what they call “the trinity”: two veggies and a meat (oh, and don’t forget the cheese, please!), and David will teach you about these traditions in Dutch cuisine as you enjoy a classic meal of pannekoeken. He looks forward to welcoming you into his home for a tasty Dutch meal.more...
13 Mar 2015 We enjoyed having Sean show us around Amsterdam! He did an excellent job.
19 Nov 2014 We really enjoyed the tour with Jean despite the rain. Would recommend it to any travellers
11 Nov 2014 Great guide, great tour - loved the jaunt to the North side. As always, Urban Adventures exceeds expectations.
12 Oct 2014 Our expectations were way exceeded! Much more fun, food, knowledge, and entertainment was packed into the brief 3-hour tour than we would have thought possible. Our guide Sean was excellent: his knowledge of local history, sociology, and current lifestyle was extensive and presented with enthusiasm and humor.
27 Sep 2014 Enjoyed learning and eating "local" foods. Guide was extremely knowledgeable, entertaining, and enthusiastic.
13 Aug 2014 We had a great time with Sean!
23 Jul 2014 Excellent tour with Sean. He is very knowledgable and easy to get along with. He pointed out interesting art, architecture and local history. He took us up north and we discovered a side of amsterdam many tourists would never see. Thoroughly recommended.
13 Jul 2014 Amazing way to experience the local culture and food!
25 Jun 2014 Sean was good fun, knowledgeable and very flexible, ensuring we were happy with the itinerary before we set off. He was also good company and we persuaded him to join us for one more drink after the tour was over!
14 May 2013 Sean was amazing. He was funny, knowledgeable, and I was so glad I actually signed up for two tours with him. He showed us cool places I never would have found on my own, knew a ton about the culture of the city, clearly was connected to the local culture (almost everywhere we went, people happily said hi to him) and really made the experience—and my trip—awesome. Would highly, highly recommend any of the Amsterdam Urban Adventure options!
The Amsterdam Urban Adventures team love the dynamic and enjoyable life along the canals of the Dutch capital, we are passionate to show travellers the authentic Amsterdam that they lovingly call home. So come on one, or a few, of our walking, biking, drinking and shopping tours.
Feels like: 1°C
Scattered showers. Passing clouds. Quite cool.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.